Demi Lovato's Music Reflects Her 'Open Heart'


Demi Lovato is no stranger to being honest about her ups and downs. When she dropped Unbroken last fall, several of the cuts, including the album's staggeringlead single, "Skyscraper," seemed to reflect on her own personal journey.

Recorded after she left a treatment center in 2011, the album was full of not only girl-power anthems, but also reflective ballads about the struggles of loving both yourself and others.

Get More: Music News


"The album I wanted to keep upbeat and uplifting; I didn't want to come out with this depressing album. I think it's important that I kept a lot of my heart open on the album because I talked about my personal issues," she told MTV News about the release before tonight's premiere of her MTV documentary, "Stay Strong," which also touches on many of her personal issues and trying her best to put her life back together after entering rehab in October 2010. "But I also had some fun dance songs on there for people to enjoy,"
she added about the album.

Source:MTV