Selena Gomez: ‘I’m Trying To Make The Transition Into Grown-Up Films..."

In a recent interview with the  Daily News  in London, Selena Gomez talked about a number of topics including her career, music, sense of style and more. Some highlights:


On Her Career: "Although I love my music, I definitely [a favourite word] want to be challenged as an actress – I want to do intense roles that will put me in a whole different place. ‘I’m trying to make the transition into grown-up films, so I’m taking baby steps into more adult roles by moving from family to teen movies."

On Her Mom: "She’s someone who loves me and wants the best for me. So even though I’m living this life and have been given such wonderful opportunities, I still have my parents with me to tell me “no”.

On Her Personal Life: "People are curious about who’s in my life, but I want to be known for my work. And I never want to view myself as any different or any better than anyone else. If I wanna go eat at a little restaurant that isn’t fancy, I’ll do it. If I wanna go without make-up and not care what I look like, I will.’

On Being A Role Model To Millions of Young Girls:  "I always ask myself, 'OK, what would my fans think of me if I made this decision to lash out or say something rude?'  I would never, ever want them to be disappointed in me, because they are the reason I’m here. So I’m honestly just thankful that they’ve made me think about my decisions more."