On The Teen Beat Gets Nosy With Victoria Justice!


By Anne M. Raso

I recently got to put 6 nosy questions by Victoria Justice who stars on the new Nickelodeon series, VictoriousThere have been 20 episodes shot for the first season and it, follows Tori Vega (Victoria Justice) as she unexpectedly finds herself navigating life at an elite performing arts high school. Featuring a fabulous team of talented teens who act, sing, dance and perform to original music, Victorious is a co-production with Sony Music and is created and executive produced by prolific kids’ producer Dan Schneider (best known for iCarly, Zoey 101, Drake & Josh, The Amanda Show). We really got the 411 on this future superstar—everything from her personal goals to what legendary actress she admires the most!

 Are you done with school? Were you tutored?

I just recently graduated high school, which was really exciting.  I was in public school for most of my life.   I booked a movie called “Spectacular,” and had to be home schooled for the last 6 weeks of my freshman year.  After that, I got really busy and started working a lot, so it was really hard to go back to regular school and juggle everything.  I was home schooled from then on and pretty much taught myself everything, except for Math.  I would roll out of bed every day around 8:30 and start school till the early afternoon.  Then I would go into a school and have to do two exams twice a week. 

What charities are you involved with? 

There are a few I’ve supported over the years, (Lollipop Foundation, Ronald McDonald House, etc.), but I’m now looking at a few to get very involved in.  I will be making a decision in the next few weeks.

What do you feel the greatest things are that your show has to offer?

I think it will be a great show for families to watch together and laugh.  I think our audience will look at the different situations the teens on the show get into, and be able to relate to them.  I also think that there will be some life lessons in there about friends, boy/girl relationships that can be discussed with your family.  They’ll see how the different conflicts that come up are handled. 

Also the performance episodes are my favorite.  I know that they’re going to love them. The music is amazing!

If you could be invisible, where would you go and what would you do? 

I would probably follow Meryl Streep around before she’s getting ready to do a movie to see how she prepares for her roles. 

Describe your dressing room and bedroom at home?

My dressing room is a double room, which is really cool so that my mom and I each have a side.  Her side has a desk for her laptop so she can still work while she’s on set with me.  My side has a brown couch and a bookcase and some cool paintings.  We film at Nick On Sunset and that building is very old, it was built in the 1920’s.  It used to be an old theater.  There are so many old pictures from so long ago.  They also say that it’s haunted.  There are so many stories, but I haven’t experienced anything.

My bedroom at home is turqoise.  I have a huge yellow Beatles poster that’s framed on one wall.  I also have a photo of Audrey Hepburn, Andy Warhol and a “Rolling Stones” calendar on one wall.  I have a flat screen TV, (that I just got for Christmas this year), with a Blu-Ray player.  I love watching films with friends and family.  I have my guitar in one corner on a stand, that I play a lot with friends, or they’ll grab it and start playing and we just hang out and sing.
Photos: Courtesy Nickelodeon