Our Exclusive Interview! “TAKE TEN” WITH VICTORIA JUSTICE!

images: Courtesy of Nickelodeon
PART 1

By Anne M. Raso

We  recently got to put 10 nosy questions by Victoria Justice who stars on the new Nickelodeon series, Victorious, which premieres on Saturday, March 27, at 9:30 p.m. (ET/PT). There have been 20 episodes shot for the first season and it, follows Tori Vega (Victoria Justice) as she unexpectedly finds herself navigating life at an elite performing arts high school.  Featuring a fabulous team of talented teens who act, sing, dance and perform to original music, Victorious is a co-production with Sony Music and is created and executive produced by prolific kids’ producer Dan Schneider ( best kwn for iCarly, Zoey 101, Drake & Josh, The Amanda Show). We really got the 411 on this future superstar—everything from her personal goals to what legendary actress she admires the most!

1. What are your goals as both a person and performer?

My goals as a person would have to be, to be the best person I can be.  I’m growing personally every day.  I’ve become more aware of the decisions I make and how they will affect me and other people.  My goal is to live my life to the fullest and to never stop learning. To always be myself in every situation, and if I ever find myself being fake, to snap out of it immediately.

My goals as a performer are to always work my hardest and give everything 120%.  I always want to keep learning from great people around me and just to keep growing as an actor. I love comedy, but I also love drama.  I would love to find a script that I liked with a great role for me and do a movie soon.

We’re in the middle of production right now on my new series, but when we wrap in April, I would also like to work more on my music. I went to a musical theater school when I was younger, so I’ve been singing for a while.  I want to focus more on writing songs and getting much better at piano and guitar. 
2. Have you ever lost a pet? How did you cope with it?

No, I’ve never had a pet until recently.  My sister and I both got a puppy for Christmas in 2008.  We’re so in love with them.  They’ve become members of our family.  Losing them is too awful to even think about. 
3. What real person living or dead do you feel you are best suited to play in a biopic?

I would love to play Audrey Hepburn. She’s was so talented, beautiful, and classy. She’ll always be a legend.
4. What is the best way for a girl interested in modeling to "go professional" and what is a good age to start?

I started modeling when I was eight years old.  Looking back, it was an amazing experience.  It’s easier to break into the business as a child, because they don’t have the height requirements that you need for adult modeling.  It also gives you great experience in front of a camera.  

To get started you should have your mom take some photos of you, (head shots and full length body shots), and then send it to a few good agencies.  You should never have to pay a lot of money to anyone.  If the agencies like your look, they will contact you.  If they take you on as a model, they will know plenty of photographers to send you to, to help you get test shots and build your book to get you started that shouldn’t cost you anything at all.
 
 5. What cast members are you closest to and why? Do you have celebrity friends?

I’m very close to Avan Jogia.  We met on the set of “Spectacular” in Vancouver and he’s been one of my best friends ever since.  We share the same sense of humor, we both love indie films, sharing new music and just doing absolutely nothing together and still having so much fun.  We’re very similar.  Our moms have become very close friends as well.  We’re pretty much like family.

As far as celebrity friends, I’m very close to Dylan and Cole Sprouse.  We met when I was 11 years old and they were 12 on an episode of “The Suite Life”.  We then became very close while filming a movie together two years ago called, “The Kings Of Appletown.”  I was the only girl, there were 6 boys.  We went dirt bike riding, paint balling and go-kart racing.  We had so much fun!  I’m also very good friends with Josh Hutcherson, and all the teens on Nickelodeon as well.  I also have very close friends that aren’t in the business that I see when I’m not filming.  


Part 2 coming soon...