- THE VICTORIA JUSTICE show Victorious has been picked up by the Nickeleon network. 16 year-old Victoria will play a new girl who attends a performing arts high school. Look for this rising young star's show to debut in 2010.
- EMILY OSMENT TOLD MYSPACE CELEBRITY that the song All the Way Up from her upcoming EP was written a year and a half ago with Max Collins and Tony Fagenson. "The music reflects who I am . I've done stuff with Disney in the past, but this is the first time where it's my stuff." Here's the clip again that we posted last week. We just love the way Emily rock out on this one, don't you?
- ASHLEY GREENE AND KELLAN LUTZ BACK OUT of Twi-Con in New Jersey. We were just as disappointed like everybody else that Ashley and Kellan had to pull out of the highly anticipated convention. Fans will still recieve a refund for autograph and photos with the stars tickets purchased. Catherine Hardwicke, Edi Gathegi, Chaske Spencer, Alex Meraz and Justin Chow put in appearances.
- BOO BOO STEWART'S BIG SIS is crushing on Taylor Lautner. We heard that Boo Boo's sister is anxious to vist her lil bro on the Eclipse set, so she could meet Taylor Lautner. Boo Boo who was cast as Seth Clearwater told E! Online: "My sister just wants to come to the set so she can see Taylor Lautner with his shirt off!" Okay, we can't blame her there, but we hope the girl is at least proud of her brother's big film accomplishment. We know we are!
- ASHLEY TISDALE IS ON the cover of Total Girl magazine. She looks great with her new dark hair look. In the issue, Kristen Stewart shared her thoughts about the book and some scenes she filmed with Taylor.
- HANNAH MONTANA: THE MOVIE became the Number One DVD and Blu-ray seller for a few days last week. Have you bought your copy yet?
Twilight and New Moon co-star Edi Gathegi told an enthusiastic crowd last weekend at a New Jersey Official Twilight convention how he got the role of Laurent, one of the three nomadic vampires in the flick. The 30 year-old actor had just finished filming his seventh and last episode of TV's House where he played Dr. Jeffrey "Big Love" Cole.
It was his departure from hit medical drama that allowed him the free time to audition for Twilight. The actor recounted his audition experience and other tales on the set— often slipping into accents (particularly his "Kelly" production assistant voice) and leaping out of his chair to to act out scenes. The convention crowd roared their approval at his entertaining antics.
Edi also confirmed that he's seen a cut of New Moon and said it followed the best selling Stephenie Meyer novel pretty closely. Fans rejoiced when they that that bit of news. "You guys are the driving force behind the entire thing," Edi said.
Gil Birmingham, Catherine Hardwicke and some of the new Wolf Pack also put in appearances at the convention.
(Photo Credit Source): Asland Daily Tidings
Twilight director Catherine Hardwicke made an appearance at a recent Parsippany, New Jersey Twilight Convention where she shared a few behind-the-scenes facts about the the film and its young actors. Of course Rob was the main focus of Q&A's from the audience. Fans didn't seem too surprised when Hardwicke said she had to "get creative" to stretch the budget to do what she wanted to do.
However, fans were shocked to learn that the original version of Edward Cullen's hair was long and rock star-like looking. Before the filming Rob found it difficult and uncomfortable to wear the hair extension that often pitched his head.
- We heard the new Edward Cullen shower curtain that originates from the UK has completely sold out! The curtain features a three foot headshot of Robert/Edward. Hang in there Twi-fans, the company that manufactures the too hot shower curtain are making more now to fill the demand. We'll let you know when it is officially back on the market again— which is expected to be very soon.
- Little bro Nick recently revealed that the wedding date between his older brother Kevin and his finance Danielle Delesa may happen in this coming winter. Said Nick to ABC News: "They have not set a date yet, but I think it'll be sometime around the end of the year, beginning of the new year— something like that."
- Nick Jonas was recently on Washington at the National Press Club Luncheon speaking about diabetes and how to help teens cope with it. Nick joked to fans that showed up at the event: "I always dreamed that I would be president one day, 2040 to be exact." Hey, Nick's got our vote! How about you? Check out this real serious clip of Nick from the Washington Times.
- Disney Channel's Hannah Montana co-star, Mitchel Musso will be signing autographs at Studio Disney 365 on September 3rd. Mitchel performs the the House of Blues that night, but will take time out of his really busy scehdule to meet with fans between 1 PM and 2 PM that day. Studio Disney 365 is located in the downtown Disney area of California. If you will be attending either of Mitchel's performances that day, let us know. We want to hear from you!
A special report/interview from friend and colleague Anne M. Raso:
I caught up with High School Musical honey Vanessa Hudgens when she was in New York to promote her new movie, Bandslam, coming out on August 14th in the States. Vanessa jumped on the chance to play the dour and deadpan high school senior Sa5m (the “5” is silent) instead of the usual bubbly HSM character Gabriella she is best-known for.
This movie's soundtrack pays tribute to the hippest rock of yesterday and today (director Todd Graff was in a new wave group The Pedantiks who used to play regularly at the legendary CBGB'S which is featured in the film)....but what we love most about Bandslam is the fact that the nerdy guy (Gaelen Connor) gets the girl (Vanessa) in the end. We talked to Vanessa about her audition for the film (where she sang Amy Winehouse's “Rehab”), future action flicks, meeting David Bowie (who has a cameo in Bandslam) and more!
(Search under "Exclusive On The Teen Beat Vanessa Hudgens Interview" to see Parts One and Two)
OTTB: Were you sad that CBGB’s had been closed by the time you got to film this movie…so you never really got to go there?
V: It was sad—but we got to go there “on set” and it was the exact replica of Cog’s—and even though it was fake, we all felt the history, you know? That is the closest a lot of people my age are going to get to CBGB’s, so it was pretty special.
OTTB: Is Angelina your idol in terms of acting—who are some of the woman actors you look up to?
V: I look up to her, Natalie Wood, Natalie Portman—I think she is so intelligent. Drew Barrymore, I adore…Julia Roberts. There are so many incredible actresses.
OTTB: Who have you learned the most from onscreen? Who does what you aspire towards?
V: I don’t know. It’s a whole bunch of different people. Julia Roberts is one of the people I grew up watching and just really gravitated towards. I think she is one reason I am this happy, bubbly person. I think there are so many good actresses out there and it is just about watching good movies.
OTTB: If you weren’t acting, what would you be doing?
V: Maybe fashion design. I love fashion. I love fabrics and creating new styles. It is something that I will eventually venture into.
OTTB: Even though you didn’t get to work with Lisa (Kudrow) much, did you get to talk to her at least? I assume that her show Friends provided some role models for you as an actress and people of your generation.
V: I never really discussed the show with her, honestly. If someone was to ask me about High School Musical, I would be like, “Oh, it was fun!” you know? I do not think she would really enjoy discussing the show. But she is really a great woman-she is sweet and intelligent.
OTTB: I thought maybe she give you pointers.
V: I think we had one good talk. We were never hardly in a scene together, so….
OTTB: Even though you are probably the biggest name in this film, this movie was really done in an ensemble fashion instead of focusing on one person. It doesn’t really deal with anyone’s ego a lot. If anything, it focused on Gaelen. Did you like that—working in that ensemble fashion?
V: It was a lot of fun. I don’t care if I have a big part or small part, as long as I am passionate about it. That is all that matters to me. I liked that my character was so different (from what I have done in the past). I didn’t care—it was just fun It is always fun to do ensemble pieces. It’s a group—a family—that you get to work and play with.
OTTB: What attracted you to this role—was it the music or the different acting style from High School Musical or the character?
V: I think it was the message of this story is so great…hopefully it will inspire people to go out and try new things and the music I though was fantastic. Introducing Bowie to kids was so great...and the role, yeah, it was great. I get bored easily always doing the same thing…and it is hard because when people see you as one character for so long people can only think of you as that (character). So once I heard my character Sa5m was deadpan, I wanted to do this role.
OTTB: Can you talk about Sucker Punch, your next movie, a little bit?
V: I haven’t gotten a chance to sit down with (director) Zack Snyder and talk about it or anything. It is an ensemble piece with a lot of females kicking butt. There is a lot of action and I am just excited. I feel this is a part where I am going to be able to be a sexy woman and kick some serious ass.
OTTB: Did you get to meet David Bowie doing Bandslam?
V: Honestly, I was introduced to David Bowie and he was so nice and so normally. He was just so sweet. Nicer than I expected! As a kid, I was introduced to him in Labyrinth, one of my favorite movies and I will never forget that.
OTTB: Thanks Vanessa!
V: Thank you!
(Photo Credits): Freddie Baez/Startraksphoto.com
ARE ROBERT PATTINSON AND CHACE CRAWFORD following in each other footsteps? What do you think? Share your thoughts here.
(Photo Credit): Jen Lowery/Startraksphoto.com
In Style Magazine’s Summer Fashion Show
Nickelodeon teen queen Miranda Cosgrove really worked the red carpet wearing a Vena Cava Narthex tiered dress. We think she looks totally awesome in this perfectly polished look. What are your thoughts?
Did you catch the JONAS BROTHERS live Facebook live chat the other day? Tour mate Jordin Sparks joined Nick, Joe and Kevin. Of course the best part of the webcast for us was when the JoBros sang Hey Baby, Love Is On the way and What Did I do To Your Heart.
Check out the official music video of Gift of A Song. Demi did this for the new Disney Tinkerbell movie. Of course we love it! What do you think? Share your comments here.